On Thursday, July 25, GAP will be hosting a conference at the National Press Club featuring a panel of thought leaders in the categories of whistleblowing, privacy laws, digital media and journalism.
"Whistleblowers, Journalists, and the New War Within"
July 25, 2013, 8:30 am – 11:00 am
The National Press Club, Holeman Lounge
529 14th Street, NW, Washington, DC
The panel will be moderated by New York Times reporter James Risen and syndicated columnist David Sirota, with panelists including:
- Julian Sanchez, Cato Institute Research Fellow
- Jesselyn Radack, GAP National Security & Human Rights Director
- Amie Stepanovich, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) Domestic Surveillance Project Director
- William Binney, Former NSA Technical Director
- Thomas Drake, Former NSA Senior Executive
- J. Kirk Wiebe, Former NSA Senior Analyst
- Babak Pasdar, Telecom Whistleblower
This event is co-sponsored by The Ridenhour Prizes and the Fund for Constitutional Government. It is free and open to the public. Coffee and muffins will be served.
Watch a video of the event here