- History of GAP
- Our Team
- Whistleblower Timeline
- GAP Financials
- Reports & Publications
- Issue Areas
- Corporate & Financial Accountability
- Food Integrity
- National Security & Human Rights
- Public Health
- Education and Resources
- Contact Us
This site respects your privacy. GAP will not record your IP address or browser information. A detailed privacy statement can be found here.
How to Make a Donation of Securities
To donate securities to GAP, please follow these three steps:
- Please contact GAP's Finance & Human Resource Director, Elizabeth Lamb, so that she can anticipate your gift and convey GAP’s appropriate account number so that your gift can be properly processed, along with any specific restrictions you may have for its use. Elizabeth Lamb can be reached at (202) 457-0034, ext.123 or ElizabethL@whistleblower.org. You may also contact Development Associate Waheeda Ghani at WaheedaG@whistleblower.org.
- Please note that it is essential that your financial advisor indicate your full name and address in the description of any transaction where securities are donated. Without this information, GAP will be unable to properly process and credit your charitable contribution.
- Donors should note that GAP maintains both an RBC Dain Rauscher broker and a Charles Schwab account.
To make a gift through GAP's RBC Dain Rauscher broker:
- Route the stock to the Government Accountability Project, Inc. Make sure to include both the account number and the DTC number (both can be obtained by contacting GAP).
- Please contact GAP’s financial advisor with any additional questions: Mr. Curtis McKay, 1900 K St, NW, 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20006, (202) 408-4505.
To make a gift through Charles Schwab:
- If you have a Charles Schwab account, you may send a letter of authorization to Charles Schwab requesting a transfer of X number of shares of Y company from your account number Z to the Government Accountability Project. Make sure to include GAP’s account number, which can be obtained by contacting GAP. Please print your name, sign the letter, and send it via mail or fax to: Charles Schwab Operations, P.O. Box 628291, Orlando, FL, 32862 (Fax: 800-955-7561)
If you do not have a Charles Schwab account, send the same letter to your broker, but add Charles Schwab’s DTC number (# 0164) and code (40)